October 08, 2008

My Family - Part 1


While going through my blogs I realized that I haven’t written much about my family.



So here goes….. These are small instances which I will always remember (some maybe not that small!!)



My Amma’s standard answer to us asking “Why” (after she has said “No”) “because I said so”


My dad deciding at 10 at night that it will be a good night for an ice cream, so piling us into the car ,pajamas and all and driving to Baskin Robbins!


My dad driving us 100kms to see a Malayalam movie and returning at 1 am on a school night.


Us kids locking our folks out of the house and allowing them back in after having them sing a song and write their names in the air with their butts !! It will help you all to know that my Amma’s and Appa’s names’ consists of I, few O’s and few S’s. We also expected them to put a full stop after their name J


My brother (the pain that he is) when he was small was the cutest lil butter ball ever. And when you asked him something and he didn’t know he would respond by saying “I na na “(I don’t know!!)


My sister trying to sing the song of an advert when she was small. “Vicador washy washy.. e washy e wishy.. “ (Videocon washing machine… it washes it rinses ) & “washy washy nema, washy washy nema (washing powder nirma , washing powder nirma )- for someone who didn’t like to take baths it’s amazing the songs she chose !

3 comments:

Deepa said...

hilarious! Although ive heard most of these already, was fun reading them!

making your parents bumwrite their names!!!! thats what i loved the best!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey...i liked water in principle..just did not like to get wet too often :P

Amri's World said...

lol kavi.. i dont think that explanation counts !! :P