May 14, 2009

In the nick of time ...

This last week has not been easy.

An accumulation of many many things and I really felt it would soon come crashing down and succeed in putting me back on square one. I am not joking when I said that I literally felt a stone in my heart. And it hurt! Praying about it eased the pain. For that moment. I even tried to figure out what I could do to make it better but, as always, I came up with nothing.

I soon fell in a pattern where all i asked for was the strength to get through each day. Today was no different. Today, I was listening to the online radio and this song by Josh Wilson began to play. It was aptly titled “Saviour Please” and below are the lyrics:

Savior, please take my hand
I work so hard, I live so fast
This life begins, and then it ends
And I do the best that I can, but I don't know how long I'll last

I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone, God I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me

Savior, please help me stand
I fall so hard, I fade so fast
Will You begin right where I end
And be the God of all I am because You're all I have

Everything You are to me
Is everything I'll ever need
And I am learning to believe
That I don't have to prove a thing
'Cause You're the one who's saving me


I felt better. Maybe, I felt better because I heard this song just after I uttered a cry of desperation, just after i silently pleaded for some sign of hope. Maybe I felt better because I had unknowingly chosen to move forward. Maybe I felt better because I related to the words… I don’t know… but I felt better.

Has the problem been resolved? Far from it ….. But I have taken the first step .Just that knowledge gives me a perfect reason to smile.

And say “Thank you”

No comments: