May 04, 2009

I can't wait.....

I remember seeing the very first scan my sister had.

The baby was smaller than a grain of basmati… and yet very evident for all to see was its heart beat. From the very first moment of conception, all of the inherited features of this new person are already set – whether it’s a boy or girl, the color of the eyes, the color of the hair, the dimples of the cheeks and the cleft of the chin. He or she is smaller than a grain of sugar, but the instructions are present for all that this person will ever become. After seeing that I could not understand why some people say that the fetus is not human but a mass of tissue.

On Saturday, I watched as my sister got her third scan.

Amazed, moved, thrilled are just few of the words I could use to describe how I felt.

Sitting there all I could do was look in awe at this wonderful life growing inside her. Weighing all of 368grams the baby was faced down and all curled up. I got to see its spine, the feet, the hands, the nose and even the lips.

Blurry, but still perfect.

All I could think was here is this one person, whom I have never met, who right now is still expanding and contracting, is just starting to figure out that kicking
is possible,who's leg is probably smaller than a toothpick and yet I love him or her like I never before.

I am waiting .....

Waiting to meet this person .....

Waiting to spoil the baby rotten .....

Waiting to love him silly
.....

Waiting to watch him sleep.....

Waiting to tickle him till he screams for mercy.....

Waiting to teach him things which might make my brother in law want to disown me
.....

Waiting to hold him and say a silent prayer for all my blessings
.....

Waiting
.....

1 comment:

Deepa said...

Me's waiting too!!! And me cant wait to see her cute lil (is it still 'lil??) baby bump!!!