November 07, 2008

NO……. NOT ME!


Disclaimer: This is NOT a spin off on “Not me Mondays”. The story below DID NOT happen to me. It’s purely fictional and any resemblance to actual situation is purely INTENTIONAL.
I DID NOT leave my school in Friday the 24th of October at 3pm for a 6pm flight to Muscat in pouring rain.
I DID NOT find myself stuck in traffic just 1 km from where I work at 4 pm.
I DID NOT have murderous thoughts towards those blocking traffic.
I DID NOT pray.
I DID NOT get stuck on a bridge at 5 pm with 8 kms left to go to the Airport.
I DID NOT panic and call my sister.
I DID NOT worry about missing my flight.
I DID NOT pray.
I DID NOT get out of the cab at 5 pm and run towards the station with my duffle bag on my shoulder.
I DID NOT find the path leading up to the station flooded.
I DID NOT wade through it to go, jump a queue and get a ticket.
I DID NOT pray.
I DID NOT get out at the station that is across from the airport and find the walkway flooded.
I DID NOT wade through “questionable” water.
I DID NOT walk/ run in the rain to the check in terminal.
I DID NOT think that I would have missed my 6 pm flight.
I DID NOT fly Indian Airlines
I DID NOT check in to find out that the flight was delayed for 1 hr.
I DID NOT pray and thank him for getting me there safe.
I DID NOT finally board a flight that, instead of going to Muscat via Calicut, flew to Trivandrum, then to Calicut and finally Muscat.
I DID NOT feel sick throughout.
I DID NOT get upgraded to first class for the final leg of my journey.
I DID NOT pass out only to wake up just before we landed in Muscat.
I DID NOT fall sick till the following Saturday and DID NOT need any medication.
I DID NOT have my folks take care of me and supply me with endless meals of curd rice and red fish curry.
I DID NOT fly Indian Airlines for my return journey.
I DID NOT find my return flight cancelled.
I DID NOT silently / loudly curse.
I DID NOT have to fly via Bombay / Mumbai.
I DID NOT wander 2 hours trying to find an Indian Airlines official to help me get my boarding pass.
I DID NOT finally board the flight at 7 to only sit on the tarmac till 8am.
I DID NOT fall asleep and miss take off.
I DID NOT miss another day of school.
I DID NOT vow to never to fly Indian Airlines again.
I DID NOT thank GOD for getting me home safe.

4 comments:

Lis said...

Glad all those things DID NOT happen to you ;)

Amri's World said...

Lis: yes very glad indeed .... a week after the incident did not happen.. i am still recovering !

Deepa said...

oh!!! I remember that day!! the entire city's traffic was stalled for hours!!!!!

phew! thank God its over.

P.S you're not travelling by Indian Airlines on your way back are you???

Amri's World said...

you mean on my way bk to mct for xmas... NO :)
dont see myself flying IC in the near future.