September 19, 2006

To write or not to write … that is NOT the question!!!

Now don’t get me wrong... I love to write... Just ask anyone… especially those whom I mail … and let me tell you... These letters aren’t short... Noooooo… they r long...And given a chance they would be longer.

You ask me to write a scrap … I am there...With bells on and a pen in my hand ready to go.

You ask me to write something on your behalf... I am there...all set to let those words have their say.

You ask me to write my PhD ……and I go BLANK!!!!

I am not joking …. For the past 4 weeks I have been coming into the University at about 9 in the morning. Even on weekends mind you! and I am here till about 7 in the evening.( I have even given up MASH !!!). A very busy schedule I hear you say…. Darn right you are!!!!

Let me tell you what this busy schedule is made up of. Endless cups of coffee(oh no green tea now a days!!), a little bit of writing here and there and constantly staring at the computer screen in the desperate hope that my PhD will somehow, by some miracle start to write itself!!!! I am still waiting. In the mean time the page I began this morning is still blank while in between contemplating what to write, I have managed to send out 5 letters, write about 5 scraps on Orkut and even write out a new blog!!

So yeah….. What do I do??

I am sure I will be told soon enough by few that its called LAZINESS. True but what IF it’s not that? What IF it’s the work of some unseen force??? WHAT IF???

So to conclude…. No… I am not lazy … it’s an unseen force that’s preventing me from doing my PhD.

Therefore... after taking all matters into consderation , I have decided to soldier on (very bravely) and go find a way to over power that force.

But before that, let me just go very quickly and refill my cup of green tea and I shall be on my way …….eventually !!!!!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

gud one !

Kartik Menon said...

The work of an unseen force...could it be me???

hehe

cheers,

Kartik

Samir Kumar Mishra said...

I was reading this post and then it reminded me of a book I read long back "How to get a Research Degree" It is available in Brisbane City council Library and probably if you are in St Lucia campus u can pick it up from Toowong Library (in Toowong Shopping Center).

Its a good book one must read if he/she wants to pursue a research higher degree.

Gud luck.

Unknown said...

hi amri-ur thoughts flow but u need to think at a higher level...

Prea Peter said...

Hi!
Well, I totally get what youre saying. My husband just about finished his PhD (like he defends next week) and to think when I married him 3 years ago, it was "almost done". :) I liked your last word...eventually...there is where the key it lies my friend!

M said...

well i dont understand your situation while writing this one, but it was a good one to read..were you really confused to write is that yor blog about?keep posting more girl:-) u are invited to visit my blog too...