December 14, 2010

Kids Say The Darnest Thing

Conversation between my most favorite Grade 3 student and me

J : So Ms Thomas…  Well you know.. you get me…

Me : I do? 

J: Yeah you know what to do to get to me work.. and that works…

Me: That’s great right

J: Sure .. but I also know what to do to tick you off… I just pretend to be dumb… it works all the time. I wondered why you never picked up on it …

Me : Well silly me then huh… I shall be prepared next time… I will know you are pretending.

J: Well what if there is no next time?

Me: What do you mean?

J: Well what if I never pretend to be dumb anymore and just do all my work?

Me: Well that will be too difficult for me to handle.I think I would get ticked off seeing that…

J: Well in that case …. From now on…. I will do just that….

Me  :Do what?

J : Ms Thomas… you are really really slow… I said from now on … I  will never pretend to be dumb 
anymore and just do all my work.. so that I can tick you off….

Me : Are you sure…

J : Most definitely… 

Me : Okkkkkkkkk then.... 

1 comment:

Deepa said...

Oh Lord, give me more students who want to do all their work as well please!!!