March 15, 2010

School Madness

The other day, 2 of my students (P and L) and I were playing “Go- Fish”. We were playing Go-Fish with articulation cards (like most normal people do) that were for the /r/ blends (/br/, /tr/, /fr/, /gr/ etc)

After explaning the rule, we began playing. A few minutes into the game, While L and I were watching, P picks up the “grape “card and puts it into his pile.

Here is the conversation that followed.

L: ‘P, do you have grape.’


P (my really kind, truthful, wanting to win student): ‘NO’


Me: ‘P, you don’t have grape?’


P: ‘No, mis Thomas, I really don’t.’


Me: ‘P, are you sure you don’t have a card that has the picture of a grape? ‘


P: ‘Definitely not Ms. Thomas.’


Me: ‘But I definitely saw you pick up a card that had the picture of a fruit on it. Do you want to maybe double check for me and see what that card is?’


P: ‘Oh! Sure Ms. Thomas’ (and he proceeds to shuffle through the cards).


P:' Oh! Ms. Thomas, I do have a card but it’s that of a banana.'

(Please remember ... we were are playing GO-Fish with sound blend cards)


Me: 'Uhh… Hmm…. What card?'


P: 'Banana Ms. Thomas, Banana'


Me: 'Ok, P but you do realize that the word “Banana “does not have a blend right. Remember “blends” which we are working on.'


P: 'I KNOW …. Ms. Thomas, you are not listening right.. I said “brnana” NOT “banana”… see…”brnana” has a /br/.'


REALLY ???????????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. lina holzbauer

Amri's World said...

Thank you Lina. I don't have twitter unfortunately !

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace dale tuck

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! We're making a custom pair of slippers for you :)” oh wow thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you amazing blog, do you have twitter, facebook or something similar where i can follow your blog

Sandro Heckler

Anonymous said...

I cant find a link where i can subscribe to this blog, webmaster how can i follow your blog?

Teddy Tschicke