January 12, 2009

Friends, Strangers & Countrymen…. Lend me your ears…..


I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT.

An AUNT..Can you beat that … (actually maybe you can.. but I dont care !! )

My lil sis is expecting (or as folks back home would refer to “she is in the family way “...hahahaha). My sister does not have a blog … so I have decided that I will post the baby ticker on my blog.

I am so thrilled that I have already figured out what the baby is going to call me. "Tante" That’s German for aunt I have been told!!!

While I am still trying to picture my sister pregnant, I have had no problems slotting my brother in law into the daddy role (he has been practicing with me!!!). This is one journey I am so glad I have ring side seats for!!!

I found out on Friday and since then every time I think about it I tear up, and I can’t stop my heart from skipping an extra beat…. Thrilled doesn’t even start to define what I feel. But I def do know this. I feel blessed. I feel so blessed to be here during this time and I feel blessed that God is giving me someone to love. Most importantly, I am so grateful and thankful to God for giving them the precious baby. I know they will make awesome parents.

I can’t wait to have him/her in my life. Can’t wait to torture the parents with threats of tattoo and piercings and I can’t wait to spoil the lil one rotten.

I am already counting down the days ……. 

3 comments:

Deepa said...

yay!!!!

Neetha said...

i shall also help you in spoiling their kid....am soo excited....!!

Anonymous said...

I can already see that this baby is going to be super spoilt..is already lovveeed so much!..SIGH!
Chech! you know i'm thrilled you are here!